This Flowers is so tall and top-heavy that we have had to support it with sticks that have a been tied so the 'neck' of the flower is able to handle these giant blossoms.
Here is a stew I made:
"Warming Spinach Pepper Beef Stew"
1 pound stewing beef (all of the ingredients could be less or more, these are estimates as I just added what i had)
Fry this over medium heat with a table spoon of olive oil and a splash of water. When brown and cooked inside, turn up to medium high and add 1/4 cup of red wine. Reduce for a minute or so. Taste the brown liquid for a sweet flavour, with no alcoholic taste.
A this point boil 1 cup of rice. So it is ready.
1. Chop 3/4 of a cup white cabbage
cube 1/4 of a acorn squash
make largish cubes of 1/2 a red pepper
cut a red onion in half and slice 1 half into half rings.
chop 2 cups of spinach. (a big pile on the cutting board)
Peel and finely chop 2 cloves of garlic, grate 1/4 inch piece of ginger, 3 table spoons of parsley
into a bowl.
Add 1/4 teaspoon sambal oelek or fresh finely chopped chili
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme
Mix these around and set aside.
2. Put cabbage and squash in 1 bowl, put peppers and onions in another.
Put cooked beef with spinach on top in a bowl.
3. Fry on Medium the cabbage/squash in the pot with 1 tablespoon oil, and enough water to keep things moving (couple of tablespoons every 5 minutes?).
This could go on for 11-15 minutes, testing the squash when you think it is soft enough to eat.
4. Add the peppers and onions. Cook until peppers are sweet tasting, 5-10 minutes.
5. Add spice mixture and mix around for 1 minute on medium, then bring it down to low or turn off the burner and put a lid on it. Serve when rice/people are ready.
Here, karolina is smiling nicely for a photograph. We assume she must be looking at bread :) so happy.